Bonjour!!!!

Salut,

I am Katie but my friends know me as K8e. I am just an ordinary girl with an extraordinary opportinity. I have been living in France since January of 2007. I have been alot of places, met alot of people and done a lot of things. But none of them as exciting as what tomorrow may bring. Enjoy and feel free to let me know you stopped by.

26 March 2010

Big changes = Constipation

I have spent most of the past two weeks engrossed in re-watching the TV show Charmed. Unfortunately I love it just as much as I did when I would anxiously await a new episode each week. I say this because not only does it leave the average person feeling completely inadequate but also reminds me of just how lazy I have had to be lately.

I can however completely relate to what constantly feels like the ultimate battle. Whether its is a school, or Boy, or family, or just one of the millions of other things in life that can well just get in the damned way; we all have our daily ultimate battles. Mine as an "etranger" in France usually involve filling out 5472 copies of the same paperwork to the same office so that they are able to not file something very important. My roommate the GBFF and I have been dealing with just this. See in France all students are entitled to FREE MONEY to live while they go to school. How much you get I am convinced is completely representative of your dedication to fill out every piece of paper known to mankind in quadruplicate. Ironically we are on the tail end of our "struggle" and I will be receiving more than most who actually work in America. Just to go to school!!!?!?! And this country wonders why it is broke, and I wonder why they HATE to let foreigners stay on a permanent basis.

Another of my Ultimate battles is the attempt at learning more about Judaism. Other than ulcers and social acceptance of short jokes Napoleon left the people with an institution known as the Consistoire. This is well in France it is the Vatican of the Jewish people. But not as ornate and unless you are Jewish or have a parent who is THEY WILL NEVER SPEAK TO YOU OR HELP YOU. Even more so if you are an anglophone. I have spent the past year and a half trying to get my foot in the door and well folks I am running out of toes. I have however been bit blessed by sheer chance of where I had lunch and will be leaving on Sunday for Divonne-les-Bains where I will be working with 40+ kids at a Pesach event. I cannot begin to share my excitement at participating and experiencing my first Jewish holiday. I will be sure to let you out there in the ether know all about it. Please send all your positive thoughts.

I have much other news but am really not at liberty to say. I am however going to make it a serious goal of mine to start writing more here. Not really for all of you out there because well im pretty sure no one other than "The First Real Kiss" and that random girl who cant sleep at 430am and has read all the news and gossip sites already, reads this. Do not worry missy I have been there all to many times as well. But I want to get myself back into the habit of writing. It is one of my few K8E superpowers and I really need to get better at it.


Till we meet again. BE WELL!

No comments: