Bonjour!!!!

Salut,

I am Katie but my friends know me as K8e. I am just an ordinary girl with an extraordinary opportinity. I have been living in France since January of 2007. I have been alot of places, met alot of people and done a lot of things. But none of them as exciting as what tomorrow may bring. Enjoy and feel free to let me know you stopped by.

10 April 2007

CCF = It is France

Well world out there it is official. I have to have surgery on my ankle. Of course though there is a catch. They cannot operate until the pain and the swelling are gone. Yes this basically means that I cannot have the needed surgery to fix my ankle until it is for all intents and purposes better. Then the surgery will be done. My ankle will be in a cast for 6 weeks and then I face 3 months of physical therapy. After that I should be good as new...which is better than it will have been since I was 13.

The doctor was trying to assess old injuries which apparently you can see in my scans. He asked me how many times I have seriously sprained my ankle. My best guess is that I have hurt it 12 times in the last 12 years. Which basically means that I am a gimp. But now I am a gimp who knows what the next few months will be like and strangley that is a bit freeing and empowering.

I have quite a few things that I need to get done in the next two weeks. None of them are particularly overwhelming but necessary nonetheless. My goal is to have the majority of these things done by the 24 of Avril. I know that I wont be able to get all of my TTU stuff done in that time but that is what respit is for. I have to read 11 books for that and write short papers on each. My goal is to have 5 of them done by the 24 of Avril. After that I can work on the others and get the 25 page paper done. As well as all the work for the other class i am taking.

TO DO:
CLT Class Work - 5 pages
CLT Presentation- 10 minutes + Power Point
Paper on the Schengen Treaty - 13 Pages
France into the EU - 5 pages
EU Integration -Final Exam
French- Worksheets
French -Final Exam
Book Review #1 - 2pages
Book Review #2 - 2pages
Book Review #3- 2 pages
Book Review #4 - 2pages
Book Review #5 - 2pages

I guess in reality I totally have my work cut out for me. But it will be a good diversion from the fact that I kinda feel like I moved all the way to France to have surgery. Hopefully next week I will have some kind of a date for the surgery. I have not decided if I will post the date mainly because I do not want people to worry. I do not know yet.

Have a great evening.
k8e

No comments: