Bonjour!!!!

Salut,

I am Katie but my friends know me as K8e. I am just an ordinary girl with an extraordinary opportinity. I have been living in France since January of 2007. I have been alot of places, met alot of people and done a lot of things. But none of them as exciting as what tomorrow may bring. Enjoy and feel free to let me know you stopped by.

08 February 2007

Week 5 already?!?

This week was relatively low key. Okay that may not be true at all it was fairly eventful. Not only have I been out most nights but people have been coming over for meals. It is always great fun to sit around over a decent meal and just get to know each other. This dish below is by far the most popular one that i make. It is Chicken (poulet i think that is spelled right) Curry with Cashews over rice. I think it is quite tasty and there are never any leftovers. Not to mention that my apartment and my hall always have this super nice odor.

I am slowly but surely gettting my apartment in order. As many of you can tell the theme is Orange :) only the best color ever. But look at all the empty room for wonderful postcards :) I kind of like the way it is starting to look. And yes girls I actually make my bed every single day and you should too. :)
A few weeks ago it snowed here in France and I was able to take this neat picture from my balcony. I have a bit of a decent view which is quite nice. The snow however was just simply quite cold. Too cold.

Here is a picture of Jane (New York), Jelena (North Carolina), and I last Sunday at the Tex Mex restraunt. It was so much fun. If any of you make it here we will have to go to this place again..Such an awesome experience.

This weekend I was going to head off to some random city in France but I think that instead I will take it easy. The next month is going to be crazy enough. For our big trip that starts next weekend we have decided to add a day in Vienna, which means that I will be going to 5 Countries in 7 days. WOW! And the week after that there is a Film Festival in Nice that Jane and I are planning on going to. I know I have plans after that but I really cannot remember them all.

Well I guess that is all for now. Hard to believe that I have been here for 5 weeks already. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Be Well
k8e

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and I thought you were in France to study? Guess travelling is part of studying? Love u. keep those blogs coming...

Anonymous said...

Your food looks really yummy in that picture! I want some good home cooked food. I should've had you teach me before you left!